PLAYING HISTORY & ACHIEVEMENTS
- GWS Giants Netball 2018
- Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist 2018
- Minor Premiership Winners Suncorp Super Netball 2018
- Suncorp Super Netball Team of the Year Goal Shooter
- 100 Elite Club Games – Giants Netball 2018
- 500 League Goals – Giants Netball 2018
- Giants Netball HCF Most Valuable Player Award 2018
- Giants Netball Player’s Player & Members Player Award 2018
- Nearly 100 International Caps – England Netball Team
- Fast 5 World Champions 2017
- World Championship Bronze Medalist 2011 & 2015
- Waikato Bay of Plenty Magic (NZ) 2013-2016
- Commonwealth Games Bronze Medalist 2010
NAME: Jo Harten
NICKNAME: Joey / Salad
BORN: Essex, England
CLUB: Giants Netball and England Rose Commonwealth Games 2018 Netball Team
POSITION: Goal Shooter/ Goal Attack
EDUCATION: BA Honors Degree in International Relations from Loughborough University, UK
PERSONAL MOTTO: Go out on a limb, that's where the reward is
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING...
“Harten’s sparkling footwork, vision and sharp shooting, make her one of the most damaging players in Super Netball”
-Suncorp Super Netball
Jo Harten is an experienced international Netball star, who uses her 188cm height to her advantage by playing Goal Shooter or Goal Attack, and is renown for her Sharpshooter skills. Born in England, Jo has represented her country since she was 18 years old, and has earned nearly 100 international caps. Jo is currently playing for Giants Netball in the Suncorp Super Netball League, and was also a Gold Medallist for English Rose team in the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Jo has an impressive playing history including becoming a bronze medalist at the World Championships (2011, 2015) and competing in the Commonwealth Games (2010, 2014, 2018), winning a gold in 2018.
Outside of playing netball Jo enjoys coaching, and runs specialist shooting clinics and netball programs for all ages, through her Jo Harten Netball coaching business.
Jo is a huge sports fan and loves watching all kinds of sporting events, including AFL, Tennis and EPL. When she’s not living and playing netball in Australia, Jo spends most of her time catching up with friends and family in the UK and exploring new places.